• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have been planning another tank for some time now as i love lionfish and our locally available rock lobsters (Palinurus homarus). It will prolly be FO.This time I'm gonna post my planning here and follow the general consensus of how best to do this from scratch- the end result will be a kinda RDO group project. :wink:

Here's whats happened so far:
Up until yesterday this was just a thought and wishful thinking. Then I saw a almost brand new deltec APF600 available on a local website at a price that was nearly half what it would normally cost. It looks like I have got that coming in the next day or so. I love deltec skimmers, they are awesome and there would be nothing else I would have considered.

I have found a tank already constructed that has the following dimensions: 4ft X 29" X 29" out of 10mm eurobraced glass, with a sump and stand. It arrives sunday so I will post pics then. Looks like display volume will be around 170GA. Any comments and suggestions will be most welcome.

My first problem is going to be where to site the thing. I will put up some pics of prospective locations when I have the stand available to illustrate the positioning.

More to follow....

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, that is a nice size tank. keep us updated. i would enjoy seeing the progressing and offer my opinion when i can.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the tank arrived on Sun, almost popped an eyeball carrying it up 3 floors! The stand also came same time. The stand needs some work, it was made a while ago and has been standing outdoors so i am going to do some small mods I want and then send it for sandblasting and galvanising (Its painted-peeling and rusting :cry: ) The tank looks OK, its a bit smaller than I thought it would look and looks pretty stupid next to my 385ga one! It has been plumbed for 2 overflow boxes, one to go direct to the skimmer and the other into the sump. My skimmer arrived yesterday, Deltec APF600. I have already modded it by putting on a control valve on the outlet, just like on my AP851. That should make adjustments really easy. My RODI unit (And replacement membranes and gel for my existing unit) I will pick up tomorrow. I will post some pics when I have tidied up the stand and when the sump has arrived.

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
andy37":i25skzv5 said:
I will post some pics when I have tidied up the stand and when the sump has arrived.
Yes! :D The dimmensions of this new tank is pretty close to what I would want if I could upgrade right now. Maybe not as tall. But pretty close! :wink:

Good luck!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: