• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ben.

Well....good and bad news actually (but I think the bad news out weighs the good news)

The good news - when I got home and tested the tank and effluent everything was still the same (I thought it odd that my calcium hasn't climbed above 400 tho?). but I suppose everything in time.

the bad news - (short version only to save face eh?) I knocked over my CO2 tank and broke the gauges and glass tube. UGH! (how I knocked it over is te long version.....we don't need to go into that)

Anyway....I called Marine Depot and a new one will be at my house today - looks like its back to the drawing board :(

I also ordered lots of CO2 tube so I can move things to where they will be safer. Does anyone know if the Korallin 1502 can sit below my sump ? I don't know if it has the umph to push up-hill ? In the least I will be putting the CO2 tank below (and tucked somewhere safe) and the reactor at sump level -- but I would like them both under if possible.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont see why not. are you feeding the skimmer via a pump. I am using an aqua lifter jobber. it works pretty good I think i would like to use a powerhead of sort though.....

why not put the RX on a stand and the bottle below out of the path of your feet. then run the hoses accordingly....

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben - I will probably put the reactor up high as you suggest and the CO2 below in a safe spot.

Rob - thanks for the reminder! I will need to pull the old one off and use it if the new reg doesn't come with one. Turns out I ordered it to late so it didn't ship until this morning -- I will have it tomorrow. Will update after its all up and running (again !)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: