• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WTH! Ok last week I went to the LFS and bought this beautiful blue sided wrasse juvi. I also bought a couple of killer small mushroom ployps. Well by Thursday they pretty much looked like crap. But Satruday they looked great and my colt coral looked like a brown buger( and still does) Well this posed me to do a water change. My nitrates are off the charts. So I was admiring my mushrooms and I noticed a ring of a hole bunch of little dots serveral hundred if not a thousand. The size is about 3/4 of an inch and it is a swirl. I tried to take a pic and my dc will not pick it up. I have other live stock also but the only pair of fish that I have are clowns. And they are young too young I think to spawn.

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown eggs would't be a swirl? they are usually dropped in "bunches" and are red - at least the ones I had in my tank were red. Snails will swirl - and a change in water conditions will cause them to spawn.

Can you try a piic again? (if they havn't been eaten yet?) you may want to move them to a sump or refugium....if you want to try and hatch them.

Are these red eggs or white?

Nitrates....more of a concern is your "off the charts" nitrates than these eggs -- water changes, and filter ! I like Chemipure and Purigen, I am sure you have your own favorite chemicals.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW...snails lay eggs in a spiral pattern, where where these "things" located?

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp! I was going to pull them out last night and I guess one of my little buddies got a little hungry. They were white and soft and they were a little suspended off of a new rock that I had gotten from the LFS with Shrooms on them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like snail eggs. Could be nudibranchs so watch out.

The Chefin' man

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have come down with pneumonia and I could not reply back sooner. right after I posted this. My little blue hippo decided to have a little snack. I was going to get them out of the tank but I was too late. As for the pic My camera was not strong enough. It is a samsun digital 7mp and it seems to act like a 2.0 when it comes to the tank.

Thank you all for the in put. Pneumonia sucks in a bad way!!!!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: