• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

OK, tonight I started feeding the tank. I sit down and I happen to notice something out of the corner of my eye.

Suddenly, bristleworms are coming out of their spots, turning ass into the "air" and then spewing.

It was absolutely insane. Disgusting at the same time. HEEEEEEUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEE spawning event. When I got over the dry heaves I grabbed my camera and got a few videos which I will post tomorrow. The tank, a 180, turned completely white in all of 90 seconds. Front to back can't see a damn thing white.

I went downstairs and cleaned up my skimmer which I never run. A 4 foot tall beckett. I hooked it up and it's going nuts.

I work tomorrow and I work 24 hour shifts. What can I expect to happen? Should I spend my day tomorrow worrying? The amount of bristleworm baby batter in tank is stomach turning. I gotta go shower all over again.

Ugh. Anyone with some experience?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seas3to5":2xc1fkm3 said:
Well I hope that you have a six line wrasse or a orchid dottyback , they will eat bristleworms.

Rick

My Clarki clown does too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pwj1286":21c4lqoe said:
lol, I wish I could have seen it.

Oh you're going to see it. Be careful what you wish for. After the wretching passes perhaps you'll have an idea too. ;)

Anyways, I'm not worried about the bristleworms. I couldn't care less about them. They are awesome for my tank. My problem was with the bristleworm juice that totally flooded my system.

I bet I won't have to top off for a week with all that now.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, I am working today and we work 24 hour shifts. I won't even see my tank again until tomorrow at 8am at the very least.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, here's the video. I spliced together a bunch of different ones. The tank is already very cloudy by the time I went and got my cam.

If you watch the video please paypal me $1 for the peep show. If you guess the movie playing in the background, you don't have to pay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlvlp-oQNw

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowee, pretty impressive.

Hopefully your skimmer took care of it. I have had a bristle worm spawn event but it didn't look as, um, well attended as the one in your tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, now that I am thinking about it. It could have been me parading around the tank in my boxers that was the cause.

I didn't get a chance to check the skimmer this morning. Got no word on the tank. Guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow and see if anything was affected. My big clam was all closed up after the spawn. REALLY hope he makes it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworm ejaculation...kind of gross when you see the video.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D great video, are your running AC on the tank? If not, it wouldn't hurt to do that.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geee, going by the video I'd think you'd be more in the mood for something like clam chowder. ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got home and was able to really inspect the whole system a little while ago. It looks as though everything pulled through just fine.

Hmmm, I wonder if that stuff threw off my salinity in the water?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: