• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Looking at one of the threads here, and it remind me of a plate coral I have for almost eight years. Then suddenly I remember that I had not seem it for past few days 8O :oops:

Need to make sure I can find it when I got home tonight. Probably it slip down to the sand somewhere... I hope it is alright.

Did something like this happened to any of you?

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With so many corals on my sand, I check them daily to make sure that doesn't happen. I've had my plate start to be covered by sand and I was afraid it was going to be dead because of the lack of light. But it was only for a day, so I was good.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never noticed a coral gone missing unless it was a frag. All my corals are accounted for! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral no, fish yes. I cam e home from a trip to atlanta yesterday after being gone for about 7 hours and my candy hog fish has been reported MIA. There is no sign of struggle, all other occupants (with and with out vertebrae) seem absolutely normal. Just gone. Very depressing. Been MIA for 36 hours now. Not a happy camper.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two corals in my tank that have fallen to the bottom. Both are still alive, but they are in hard places to reach. I guess I should help them out soon.

Louey

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had small SPS corals slip in between rock work before, I usually notice it in a few days and bring them out.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D I've lost ricordea daughter polyps that broke off the mother colony, only to have them turn up a week or two later settled on rocks on the other side of the tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:x :x :x Found the plate coral, and since my tank is like 30 inch deep, I can't use my short arm to reach the back side on the bare bottom tank. Pull my arm up, and hit that MH near the tricept. I am more mad that hurt! :x :x :x

My wife is shorter than me, and I wish I married someone who plays basketball instead. :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer! Sounds dumb, but you can use a long handled plastic spoon, like a serving spoon to relocate it (pick it up)?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I was about to use a pair of chopsticks. :oops:

He is fine under there, since the lighy does get to him. Just that I can't see him at all unless I put my head inside the canopy.

Thanx.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One time when I was re-arranging the rock on my old 60 gallon, I found a manatee. Alright, that never happened.

Hey CK, did I ever give you a frag of that pink millepora I used to have?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charles, I think you did. It turn pink/green/blue, then back to green, but I lost it about two years later when I move things over from the cracked tank :(

SnowManSnow, actually it never moved until I accidently knock it off the rock it attached to. All plate coral are attached to a substrate at one point (when they are young.).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Charles, I think you did. It turn pink/green/blue, then back to green, but I lost it about two years later when I move things over from the cracked tank

No worries, I'm just trying to track down someone who might still have it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: