• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Not the algae or the stream the other thing. Looks king of like a leather coral to me.

Attachments

• thing 2.jpg
    thing 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,303
  • thing 1.jpg
    thing 1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,303
A

Anonymous

I do not think that is what it is. It is growing quite fast.

A

Anonymous

Have ya touched it? Seriously, I mean does it retract, or feel skooshy, or what?

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":38rjaytw said:
I feels kind of like a leather coral.

:) Okay, but what does the mystery thing in your tank feel like?

(ducks and runs...)

CG1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture looks like Xenia covered in hair algea -- not a lot of help am I? :P

Does it retract when you touch it? respond to light?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not change shape at all and it has no visiable polyps.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's not macroalgae, Waz? I've seen that sort of branching structure on a few different blue-green species, but nothing of this color.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure. I would hate to kill a coral if that is what it is. If it is algae I would ditch it. Could it be a sponge of some sort?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not one I'm familiar with, but a sponge guru I am not. I'm not quite sure from the pic, but are there little tiny hair like structures poking from it's surface?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cjdevito":u8j15peo said:
Not one I'm familiar with, but a sponge guru I am not. I'm not quite sure from the pic, but are there little tiny hair like structures poking from it's surface?

Yes there is, but I have that, or similar, coating all over where the snails can not reach, or passed reciently. I guess tonight I will try to whipe it to see if it just a slime coating or part of whatever this is. I think you can see the same coating on the stream if you look good.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I first noticed it in early Nov. I have just let it go. I have not sean it any where else in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: