• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intersting... I'm curious exactly how it..

detects the temperature of the entire aquarium and not just its surrounding inches where the heater is set.

Nice feature though is removing from the tank and auto-shutting off :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it send probes everywhere to find the "entire" tanks temp?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I hear a saleman's pitch? Man, I can nail that fellow! :lol:

It can detects the global warming if we can get four of these super processors together...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heater Should Never Mess with Your Water
The only heater with a built-in relay to effectively filter Electro-Magnetic-Interference (EMI). To a fish, that's equivalent to non-static clothes. While EMI level caused by heaters are not fatal to your livestock, it is much more pleasant for fish and corals to be without them. Remember, in the open ocean, no such EMI exists.

So it's filters EMI going to the unit, but how about EMF's put out by this unit :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Only Heater in the World with a MicroProcessor!

Now you can use the benefits of a Microprocessor for your aquarium! With this Smart Chip, your reef will enjoy an unprecedented 0.5± degree tolerance. This computer chip is so "smart" it even recognizes when it is pulled out for maintenance and auto-shuts-off. MP heater, used with a wavemaker such as WavySea, detects the temperature of the entire aquarium and not just its surrounding inches where the heater is set.

The Power of Quartz Crystals

No longer do you have to deal with fragile heaters. MP Heaters are made up of 2mm Quality Quartz Crystal that allow an incredible temperature endurance up to 1,000° F. Yes, one thousand degrees! With MP Heater, worries about temperature sensitivities are a thing of the past.

Heater Should Never Mess with Your Water

The only heater with a built-in relay to effectively filter Electro-Magnetic-Interference (EMI). To a fish, that's equivalent to non-static clothes. While EMI level caused by heaters are not fatal to your livestock, it is much more pleasant for fish and corals to be without them. Remember, in the open ocean, no such EMI exists.

Digital LED Display!

We've added the convenience of a digital display. Stop straining your eyes trying to see your old thermometer and let the MP Heater show you the exact temperature and the exact setting with its gigantic Digital LED display. The display even lights up so you can see in the dark!
Fully Submersible
100% Waterproof. Meaning the entire body of the heater is completely submersible including the Easy-Button control on top. Has two suction cups so you can place it anywhere in the aquarium.

Packed with Useful Features

What's more useful than a Set-It-and-Forget-It Reliability? Serious hobbyists know the importance of water temperature. That is why MP Heater was built with a rock-solid foundation from top to bottom to give you a rock-solid reliability. Every piece has its purpose to drive maximum performance for a lifetime. Even comes with an extra long cord (1.8m/6ft). Of course, all these features are of no use if they don't make your life easier. So it comes with Child-Could-Use-It ease of use.

Now how much would you pay??! But wait, there's more!!...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many easy installments do I need to pay, and does Ronco make a version of this?

http://ronco.com/index.aspx?sendroicid= ... ikwd=ronco

Sorry, couldn't resist.

FWIW, having never seen or used this product, I can't say it's bunk, or great. I'm actually in the market for a few new heaters, so eh, maybe I'll give one a whirl :) I just think the advertising is very "salemen'ish" and it doesn't give you a whole lot of data to go on. Many aquarium heater manufactureres use crystal, so that whole section is purely hype IMO :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the wattage, I think the 300W is about $60. Consider the fact that it got more processing power than the Space Shuttle, have the capacity to heat the entire Internation Space Station, as well as enough EMI shielding to rival the UFO in A51, I think it is a bargain.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Power of Quartz Crystals

No longer do you have to deal with fragile heaters. MP Heaters are made up of 2mm Quality Quartz Crystal that allow an incredible temperature endurance up to 1,000° F. Yes, one thousand degrees! With MP Heater, worries about temperature sensitivities are a thing of the past.

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean. The problem with heaters has never been their temp 'endurance' (which is a made up term), its been their ability to not break during temp fluctuations. So, who cares if it can take 1000 degrees - we care that it doesn't crack during temp changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: