• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I don't have a pic yet but I will try to describe to the best of my ability...

It's pink, round with little clear tenticles and on the end of the tenticles are white dots. Small, 1cm.

Does anyone have a clue?

I also have a few unidentified coral but i don't know where to research to see what they are. One is a spiky mushroom that curls into a ball at night. Another is a zoa with spikes looking thing that moves its mouth around to catch food. Weird!

Any suggestions of where to look for this stuff?

A

Anonymous

Ok the first thingy I think I found on wetwebmedia as Ball Corallimorph - Pseudocornyactis.

Anyone know anything about this? I have 3 in my tank.

Dupa.....where would i get that? Book, site, etc.

A

Anonymous

cvp7900":e7mf3uj3 said:
Ok the first thingy I think I found on wetwebmedia as Ball Corallimorph - Pseudocornyactis.

Nice ID. 8)

There isn't much to keeping them. They seem to duplicate just fine on their own, especially in well fed tanks. They're not photosynthetic. Most closely related to mushroom corals. You can feed them Cyclop-eeze if you want to have more of them. Some people might consider them a nuisance. I think they're pretty cool. :)

A

Anonymous

Matt_Wandell":2u805af3 said:
cvp7900":2u805af3 said:

Nice ID. 8)

There isn't much to keeping them. They seem to duplicate just fine on their own, especially in well fed tanks. They're not photosynthetic. Most closely related to mushroom corals. You can feed them Cyclop-eeze if you want to have more of them. Some people might consider them a nuisance. I think they're pretty cool. :)

TY. It is pretty cool. I was feeding my brittle star some shrimp pellets and it grabbed one and started munching. Neat!

As for the spiky mushrooms, where do I find a ID on them. I keep roaming around WWM but I can find them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gresham!

Ok, I have a mushroom looking thing with striped grooves from mouth to outer circle. At the edge of the circle there is spikes coming out. I can't find a damn identity. Been looking everywhere.

I also have a zoa or mushroom that is smooth and has spikes coming out of the outer circle. When it eats, it pushes it's spikes down and mouth higher. If it doesn't catch the food, it will move it's whole body so that mouth can catch food.

Have no idea.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found the first one. Thanks for a direct to follow for identity. I have just one polyp.

Attachments

• palythoa.jpg
    palythoa.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 917

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: