• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the AC3 because it can monitor and control two pH devices, which allows me to check the tank's pH and control the Ca reactor's pH. Well, yesterday night, the pH values were wildly off (around 2 and 10+). I knew something was up. Turns out, there is a very minuscule electrical leak/grounding issue in the water interfering with the readings. After systematically unplugging each submersed device, I found it was a pump gone bad on my Ca reactor. Without this monitor, I would've never noticed until it developed into a more serious problem. 8)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past 2 months have been really bad. I've had a slew of things go wrong (not just aquarium related). But things are much better now.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah Len, sticking your hand into the tank and getting that little zap that increases in magnitude as you get more soaked with saltwater should have keyed you off before anything "bad" happened :)

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had my hands in the tank that day. Didn't notice any little buzz, so the ground loop was really minuscule. Heck, the gfci didn't even trip until I disconnected the pump and plugged it back in (would not come back on)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: