• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefTiger

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've grown somewhat uniterested in my tank as I've had a lot of softies an LPS over the last 6 years. I've always loved large angels, but never had the tank for them, and didn't want to risk any corals in my only tank a 110.

I've decided that I need to broaden my experience and add some excitement. I should be recieving a juvenile annularis and a scribbled rabbitfish tomorrow from Marinedepotlive. I currently have a Hippo tang approx. 3-4.5 inches, a neon dottyback, two banggai cardinals, a diadema dottyback and a black percula clownfish. Also, I have a fire/blood shrimp and tuxedo urchin.

I will try to post some pics of my tank (for the first time on line) later today/tonight. It has currently been set up since July '05 after moving last year. Since I have no room or adequate funds for another tank, I've decided to "roll the dice" and let nature take its course. I've deprived myself of the beautiful angelfish for long enough (14+ yrs) and now no more!!

As far as I'm concerned the thing could eat all my corals and I won't care, but doubt it will. If it does, then I'll have converted to FOWLR.

After deciding to take the plunge I narrowed down the choices to Asfur, Imperator, Chrysurus, Goldflake, Blueface, Regal, and Annularis. In the attempt to involve my fiancee, she got to help choose. My top choice was the Chrysurus with Annularis a close second. I don't recall very many people attempting the annularis in a reef, and I know it isn't recommended. So I will attempt to chronicle the "experiment" for whoever wants to take the ride with me. :)

In the future when I get my house I plan on a minimum of 3 tanks- my current tank and whatever is left of it, my first attempt at SPS, and a mixed reef with fish. But I'm going to wait until I have the funds to do it the right way.

In the meantime, the experiment will be undertaken......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: