• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

markw10

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon reef tank which had 2 Clownfish, Royal Gramma, Yellow Tang, and a Sailfin Tang. It also has some blue mushrooms. Unfortunately about a week ago I lost one of the Clownfish. One was very small, one big. The one I lost was the small dark colored clownfish which I believe is male. Is that correct?
My question, how can I safely replace this clownfish? These are false Percula. Will there were any problems with aggressiveness and as well do I have to worry about getting a female or male when I replace or will it choose the sex later? This has been a stable tank for around 4 years with lots of live rock and no anemone at this time.
Is it okay though to just keep one clownfish?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
markw10":3raotyu9 said:
I have a 120 gallon reef tank which had 2 Clownfish, Royal Gramma, Yellow Tang, and a Sailfin Tang. It also has some blue mushrooms. Unfortunately about a week ago I lost one of the Clownfish. One was very small, one big. The one I lost was the small dark colored clownfish which I believe is male. Is that correct?
My question, how can I safely replace this clownfish? These are false Percula. Will there were any problems with aggressiveness and as well do I have to worry about getting a female or male when I replace or will it choose the sex later? This has been a stable tank for around 4 years with lots of live rock and no anemone at this time.
Is it okay though to just keep one clownfish?

I have just 1 false perc. Perfectly fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: