• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

markw10

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted just earlier about replacing a clownfish I lost. Currently I have a 120 gallon fishtank that has a lot of live rock and as well blue mushrooms. For fish I have one clownfish (I hope to get a second soon to replace one I lost), a Royal Gramma, a Yellow Tang, and a Sailfin Tang. My question, I'd like to get a Powder Blue Tang but from what I have read anywhere they are very aggressive. I would be interested in a Blue Tang if I don't get a Powder Blue Tang. They don't have the yellow stripe but are still very nice and seem more tame. Would either of these be a possibilty in my tank. One thing I'm reading about is that it's important it's not the same shape as other tangs and the two I have are discus shape and even between those two I've never had issues. This has been a very stable fishtank for around 4 years.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go for the Blue Tang over the Powder Blue since you already have a Sailfin. How is he? Aggressive? I have 2 Blue Hippo Tangs (same except with the yellow stripe) and they are fine together. I did put them in as juveniles together. I have a yellow tang as well and they are one big happy family.

The PBT normally doesn't fair very well in captivity. Your call though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: