• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

markw10

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for posting so much in one day. I have had to travel a
lot and unfortunately kind of got behind with my fishtank. I am adding
one fish I lost hopefully as well as getting a new fish but first and
foremost I want to get rid of a Aptasia problem I have.

I have had aptasia in my tank for around 2 years now and they only seem to get worse. Finally around 2 months ago I bought some Joe's Juice. This works better than anything I have tried. In the past I used vinegar. I shoot it into the aptasia and then they do seem to go away but then in a couple weeks they all start coming back slowly so it never seems to get rid of them but as well it at least knocks them back for awhile so they don't get out of control. This is at least better than what I had at first and as I said I used vinegar earlier.

Now my question, how can I finally get rid of them for good? Is there any other type of solution or way of using Joe's Juice. I have heard that another way is to add a certain type of fish or even add Peppermint shrimp. Should I look at either of these two options? Are there any side affects to using a certain type of fish (what type is it?) or peppermint shrimp and after the problem is gone would I have to get rid of the fish or shrimp?
I've had this tank about 4 years and for coral only have blue mushrooms. I have a lot of live rock and for fish I have one false Percula clownfish, a Royal Gramma, a sailfin tang, and a Yellow Tang. Thanks for any help.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
markw10":5yp8t4lw said:
Now my question, how can I finally get rid of them for good? Is there any other type of solution or way of using Joe's Juice. I have heard that another way is to add a certain type of fish or even add Peppermint shrimp. Should I look at either of these two options? Are there any side affects to using a certain type of fish (what type is it?) or peppermint shrimp and after the problem is gone would I have to get rid of the fish or shrimp?
I've had this tank about 4 years and for coral only have blue mushrooms. I have a lot of live rock and for fish I have one false Percula clownfish, a Royal Gramma, a sailfin tang, and a Yellow Tang. Thanks for any help.

How big is your tank, and a little info about your setup would help. How many rocks are effected?

The link to that thread already posted does a good job of discussing other methods of getting rid of them pretty well, Aptasia loves excess nutrients, and cutting down on that is helpful in slowing growth.

EDITED: just saw your other thread, so your tank is 120 gallons?

HisKid

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper Banded Butterfly works like a charm!! They are cheap, eat nuisance worms, and stuff too. Unfortunately they do eat feather dusters. But, I really didn't mind when mine got eaten, It was a hitchhiker on some live rock I bought anyway...

I have these little anemones all over my sump, but none in my tank! I have added a ton of stuff and it never gets picked on, or bothers any of my corals or his tank mates (listed below for your reference). Plus he is fun to watch. He likes to swim laps around one of my powerheads and goes upside down on every lap. Its really funny to watch. LOL, I never get tired of it...

Oh, I have a 180G full reef containing a 12" Blonde Naso, a 10" Sailfin, a 5" Yellow, a 4" Purple, a 4" Kole, a 4" Hippo, two 5" blue striped clowns, two 3" pink skunk clowns, the Copper Banded Butterfly, and a 2" moroon clown. Plus 4 anemones 2 rose tip and 2 brown bubble tip (used to have 2 now I have 4 :D ) and all my soft, LPS, and SPS corals.

Good luck in your decision and remember that your tank is a habitat for all and everyone has a purpose.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: