• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Where can I order it? I am in the process of "collecting the material and parts for a tank I am going to build. I know where to get everything but the glass.

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a local glass company. Maybe Yellow Pages? I am in Baltimore and contacted Baltimore Glass. They do commercial glass mostly for large buildings and things like that. My tank is not starfire, but they cut the glass to my specs, drilled a hole for a bulkhead, polished and tempered the glass. I remember them telling me they had to send the glass to another company to get tempered. It seems like these glass people have connections, so If one can't get your starfire from one, Im sure they can figure out how where to get it.

Have you built a tank before?? Mine was my first so I have a couple of tips if you are interested. Dave

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call or email PPG. They should be able to provide you information on where you can buy their Starphire glass.

iseeweed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point Len, I found this link. Is PPG into everything!?!?https://buyat.ppg.com/fgbt/DistributorLocator/aspSearchResponse.asp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local glass co's here are kind of thick. I called 4 of them and they didn't know what it was :roll:

Have you built a tank before??

Nope. I am building it out of plywood on 3 sides, the front will be trhough wall, thus the desire for starphire. IT will be 8x4x???I haven't figured out the height yet, but am leaning toward 3'. That will give a viewing area of 7x2. I am thinking of using a NSF coating on the inside a friend of mine sprays. It is similar to spray on truck liner, but food production rated. I can get it is a deep ule that looks similar to the deep ocean, which i like better than black.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the final height, but I am leaning toward 1". I have heard they laminate starphire to this thickness.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: