• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was looking at purchasing this coral.. wondered what you guys think is a reasonable price. I've made the move to only buying outstanding colored corals, as opposed to brown and green haha... so I'm still a bit out of the loop..

What ya think!~?

Attachments

• acan.jpg
    acan.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,336
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A piece like that would go for around $40 around my parts. Some will list it higher online, but IMO it's not wrth it. A full colony, about 4x that size, fetches around $100.

Nice piece :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man those always have some wierd color morphs, always makes me think there's a virus or something in the thing to do it :)

I got a colony that was given to me that's a tad more browner so I wouldn't know what it goes for, although I do know the colony was going for $40 or so.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what it's worth, but it sure is purdy.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup...pretty fast growing with 2-3x/week feedings. I have a 1.5 polyp frag given to me just over a month ago that is already at nearly 3 polyps.

Peace,

Chip

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they only ENCRUST though right.... ?

i mean, they dont make their own skeleton, so if the frag is filled with mouths I'll need to place it adjacent to somthing to keep growing.. right?

I assume LORDS would act in the same manner?

B

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$150. Our local fish store would surely charge $150 for that, hence the reason I only work with sub gallon :). What a sad truth about isolated areas in Texas that sell corals...it's not any harder for them to be shipped here than it would be to L.A, they simply charge that much because we don't have other buying options unless we go online. This see-before-you-buy option online ought to catch on around here soon enough. But, minimum shipping charges are often what we want to pay for the whole frag itself, so unless one is stocking a new tank and has all the cash ready upfront, it's hard to buy in increments from the web.

If you can get that for $40 take it!!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SnowManSnow":2io4suia said:
they only ENCRUST though right.... ?

i mean, they dont make their own skeleton, so if the frag is filled with mouths I'll need to place it adjacent to somthing to keep growing.. right?

I assume LORDS would act in the same manner?

B

er-encrusting stonies make their own skeleton, iirc ;)

you don't just have protoplasm resting on something else :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: