• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

das75

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a used Iwaki MD70RLT to replace the March pump I was running as a return for my basement sump.

I had the output of the March 6 series restricted with a valve but had set at about 1000gph. Current was 8.2 amps and with a sound meter measuring up to 80dB from a foot away.

The Iwaki unrestricted flows a less, but figuring ~680 gph but current draw is 2.2 amps and 10dB quieter.

Snook1965

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used Little Giant pumps for the past five years as they came with my Lifereef filtration system when I ordered it. I am about to change over to the Iwaki pumps with Japanese motors. Even though the little giant pumps that came with the sump and protein skimmer were the pressure rated ones(3MDQX-SC and the 4MDQX-SC) when I emailed Jeff at Lifereef he recommended the non-pressure models from Iwaki as replacements. This was somewhat of a surprise to me especially the pump running the protein skimmer, but Jeff has never lead me wrong. Although the Iwakis are much more $$$ I hope they make up for it with reduced noise and heat. The only headache is the Little Giant pumps have a female intake while the Iwakis have a male so I will have to do some minor plumbing changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: