• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be worried? Two days ago my anenome climbed into the center of a rock pile. It is in a cave large enough to stretch out a little bit but I wont be able to feed it and It isn't getting much, if any light. My two clowns must be in safety heaven. They havent even excavated any sand since the move. I am wondering if it will come out when it gets hungry or potentially sit there and die. What do you think?
My water params are all in check.
zero amm, nitrite, nitrate, PO4
SG. 35 Sal. 1.026
Ca. 370
DKH 10.9
Temp 78.5

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had it since it was a baby. 10 months to be exact. It was bleached and about three inches across when expanded. Now it is about 12 inches when expanded. Its been seems to be somewaht unsatisfied with its home lately but im not sure if its not the stupid clown fish trying to make it move. It was stationary until I added the second clown. Since then they are always moving sand and pushing it.

The storm didnt cause me too much grief. I was without power for 12 hours and was able to use my 500 watt power inverter to keep my return pump and heaters going. I currently have a 2500 watt generator orderd though.

EB847

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought one that moved within two days to the depths of my lr and was never heard from again (2 months now) f'n annoying!

Lars

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two bubble tips and have had them for about six monthes. Both were very satisfied with their positions in the upper half of my 125 with 440 watts of VHO. Until..about a week ago both sucked up and started moving. They haven't settled yet. I think it had to do with me dosing iodine which I did a couple of days prior to their journey. I dose I. very seldom and then only 1/2 strength. Did you dose anything out of the ordinary before they started the move?

trido

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent dosed anything. I did however change my lighting arrangement overhead in the last few days. I cant remember if it was before or after the move.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: