• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I started cleaning the glass on the front of my 100 tank and noticed that the water was very warm.I checked it and it was almost 90 degrees.My fish were acting fine. I imediately removed the old heater and switched it with a new one. My Trigger and my Angel don'tseem to have much of an appetite. I hope they survive the shock. My Clowns and Foxface are doing well. I had just changed foods too. I think I will go out today and get some krill for the Trigger. The Koran may have filled up with the scrapings from the front glass. I HOPE :!:

A

Anonymous

John, if you have to, use a fan to blow air across the top of the tank if the temp isn't dropping, or try floating bag of ice cubes (in doubled zip lock baggies). Of course, it's Michigan so you can just open the window ;) and it'll cool off soon.

Hope things are okay :(

A

Anonymous

Don't do anything that would cool the water too fast. Fast temperature swings are worse than high temps.

Louey

A

Anonymous

:oops: I figured in a 100 gallon what I suggested shouldn't cool it too quickly but you are right Louey I should have mentioned that.

A

Anonymous

I wasn't intending to correct you Tracy, I justed to make sure John knew not to cool it down to fast.

I don't think you could cool a tank down to fast with a fan, but maybe with icecubes.

Louey

A

Anonymous

:wink: Its all good Lou, I was just embarrased I didn't say that.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update......I just replaced the heater and set it for 78 degrees. I let the tank cool down on its own. The room that the tank is in is cool and I felt that was enough to cool the tank down. My Koran Angel and Black Trigger did not eat much for a few days but they are doing fine now. My Clowns and Foxface were not effected at all. BTW.....I like your new avatar Tracy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bangbang":md3euvd1 said:
BTW.....I like your new avatar Tracy.

ashamed0001.gif
Thanks John, glad everythings okay in your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: