• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading thru my magazine and ran across the feature SPS tank on page 70. this guy has a sps dominated tank and only uses t5 lighting.... mind you he has almost 900watts on a 220g-ish tank.

he is using a brand of supplements that are made by a french company called prodibio. Anyone ever hear about or use thier products?

I have never seen a wide variety of vibrant colored SPS before. I imagine most of it has to do with lighting, but some of the bio culturs and aminos that he uses have got to play a role....

here is a pic

Attachments

• CIMG0292.JPG
    CIMG0292.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,251
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have photoshop back then? Or I am just jealous? v :?

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing unusual about keeping SPS under T5's, as lots of people do it. I'm not really a fan of the sub-bleached appearance, though. Not sure if it's because of the T5's, prodibio, or zeovit that does it, but they all seem to have this trait.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unarce":1k8gnyyc said:
Nothing unusual about keeping SPS under T5's, as lots of people do it. I'm not really a fan of the sub-bleached appearance, though. Not sure if it's because of the T5's, prodibio, or zeovit that does it, but they all seem to have this trait.

what do you mean by sub-bleached appearance?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dupaboy1992":20r9yt7d said:
Do they have photoshop back then? Or I am just jealous? v :?

dont you mean "did they have ..." :wink:

I am jealous too. I would love to get some frags fom that guy!

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA-Lawman":1iqme86e said:
what do you mean by sub-bleached appearance?

I'm not saying that the corals are unhealthy, but they look like freshly imported wild colonies that look like they are about to bleach.

Maybe I'm just too old school, but deeper, rich coloration is more attractive. When SPS are stressed or starting to bleach, they of course, start to lose zooxanthellae. The coral appears to have a fluorescent overall appearance, but it's just the pure white skeleton showing through more.

It's a gorgeous tank, and some of the corals look great to me. But, the bright pastel stuff makes me feel there's not enough poop in there :lol:

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you're alone in that opinion. Some folks switch back to halides after trying T5s because they prefer the coloration under halides.

There are probably several factors at work there, but one of them may be the more uniform light field produced by the flourescents.

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but I wanted to be nice about :D Others look at those faded pastels in utter disgust :lol:

It's all preference, though :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prodibio is an interesting company. They support a fairly poor region by supplying jobs. They could have set up shop in an easy to get to location, within a major city, but they choose an are that needed help. My hats off to them :)

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always been in awe of Iwan's tank but I have the same feeling when I look at it. It's like the corals are on the verge of bleaching. I also believe it to be the t5 lighting and while there is no question of the ovbiious health of the tank full of sps corals I just can't get over the feeling that something bad is about to happen.. Thought it was just me, glad to know it isn't. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colors but I am with Unarce on this. Some of those corals looks stressed and on the verge of bleaching but maybe thats just the t5 / prodbio combination.

I know a store here in town carries the prodbio stuff. It ain't cheap by any means.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sort of color seems very Zeovit-like to me. I've seen plenty of t5 tanks with far less pastel looking sps (though hasten to add, not in person, only on sites like this).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: