• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ping29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lfs told me that i should change my lighting two t5s such as the 216 watt nova x, (just as good as 250 watt metal) he says .i have a 90 gallon 18 inces deep. just seeing if anyone out on the reef has Opinions on this

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have t5 but I did used to have PC...move on from those for sure depending what it is you want on the tank. ( they look great with nothing in the tank though :) )

I got some corals from a local reefer with t5 and although I prefer the look of my halides, I thought his tank looked really good and the growth of his SPS was great. The only thing they really seemed to lack was the shimmer you get from Halides.

If you have a low canopy, they'd be a great choice to save you getting a new one and the heat transfer seemed less than with Halides... but I can't back that up.

-Adrian

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have no first hand knowlege of T5 - but there are some great tanks (one recient Tank of the month) that use only T5.

I think at 18 inches deep, it boils down to a personal choice.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No this one:

medium

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2006/2/aquarium/view?searchterm=T5

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: