• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

waymack97

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a small piece of live rock that looked like skeleton of a favia a couple of months ago, well i don't think it was all the way dead. i now have about 4 heads making a come back, yea. i was wondering where is a good place to put it in a tank? middle/bottom? any info on this would be great. i am 100% sure it is a favia. thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on your lighting and water movement. I have mine on the bottom with 2- 250w MH HQI 20 inches above the coral. It is in a area that gets medium flow just to keep stuff from accumulating on it. I think the text book answer is medium light, medium flow. Good find though, what color is it?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have several of these guys and they are middle of the tank if not on the substrate.

Another thought is.... If it is comming back and doing well I would leave it where it is. Seems to be doing great :) I recently bought one from a LFS that was nearly dead for $4, but I knew from experiance that it could come back. I've got about 2x tissue now just in 3 weeks' time!

Keep it up!
B

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one come back from the "dead" also. For the first couple of months, it was recovering fast. But after four "heads" growing back over the dead it seems to have slowed down the growth considerably but I'm not sure why. :?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you thought the rock was dead and now suddenly 4 heads are making a comeback, why not keep the piece right where you had it? Sounds like it was the perfect spot for it.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: