• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hey C!

How many you got? Hawaiian or Tongan?

I have one of each left and they are doing very well. Its nice to someone else with em!

A

Anonymous

I've got four of'em. They were listed as hawaiian, but.... honestly I wouldn't put any particular faith in that being accurate.

GREAT fish. How long have you had them, and how big have they gotten?

A

Anonymous

I had the Tongan for about 8 months. I had more, but attrition. Seems to be the case with the species - at least the Tongan version. The Hawaiian I have only had about a month.

When I had the group they never seemed to school or even do much with each other. The two I have now are starting to chum up a bit. They are about an inch long.

How bout yours? :D

A

Anonymous

Thales":206h8lbw said:
I had the Tongan for about 8 months. I had more, but attrition. Seems to be the case with the species - at least the Tongan version. The Hawaiian I have only had about a month.

When I had the group they never seemed to school or even do much with each other. The two I have now are starting to chum up a bit. They are about an inch long.

How bout yours? :D

I've had mine about a month or so. I'm not really seeing much aggression at all between them. Mostly they ignore each other (except for clumping up at feeding time), but every now and then one will chase another away from their "spot". I built the tank around the threadfin cardinals I'm keeping, though, so there's tons and tons of distinct little caves and crevices. Makes it really easy for them to break line of sight with each other, which seems to go a long way towards minimizing any aggression between them.

Mine are just a bit smaller than an inch long. Definitely have different instincts than blue/green chromis... mine don't spend much time in the open spots in the tank and really seem to prefer constantly meandering in and out of the rockwork.

Do yours do the hamster thing when they eat?

A

Anonymous

Matt_Wandell":2cpflkxt said:

Really hard fish to photograph, this is the best I've managed and believe me, I've been trying. Photo doesn't nearly do it justice.

vanderbiltavatar_179.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: