• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

davesafc

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this normal? they are really tiny and look like dust i also have loads of small insects crawling on my glass my filtration is just the skimmer and liverock. is this good or bad? its just getting on my nerves because it is making the tank look unclean. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is you tank kind of new? I had floaties for a while. They either got skimmed out or settled out and were vaccummed up with the water changes. The bugs are no big deal. Some sort of "pod". More than likely they will die out.

And

:welcome:

davesafc

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes its fairly new, i had a small 70l nano but about 2weeks ago i transfered everything to a 200l with 60l sump so around 190l of the water is new and also the sandbed, i should be doind another water change tommorow so hopefuly that will help.

thanks, dave.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably will not notice the change right away. Just give it some time. I think mine took close to six weeks to clear up.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a lot of things that can make water cloudy like sand, detritus, something spawning, bacteria or calcium preciptiaton (spelling?). new tanks can have cloudy waters, give it some time and it should go away. the water change was a good idea.

the bugs are a good thing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: