• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cyro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is only the porcelen crabs has antennas ?
could we say that the crabs with antenna are safe?

stubbsz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"crabs with antennas are safe".

There, I just said it. Unfortunately before I said that I uttered.

"who the hell knows whether"

-Adrian
(Ducks and runs)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All crustaceans (crabs) have antennae; so no you can't say all crabs with antennae are reef safe.

mario

cyro

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mariob":66sfq202 said:
All crustaceans (crabs) have antennae; so no you can't say all crabs with antennae are reef safe.

mario

i mean not short antennas like this. all crabs have this, if this is antenna! :roll:

800px-Boi.crab1.jpg

i mean antenna like this:like this
yengesmallcx3.jpg

like Hairy Porcelain Crabs !

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is like blonde and intelligence... not true, but for some specific case, it may seem to be true.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dupaboy1992":2a6mqwvi said:
It is like blonde and intelligence... not true, but for some specific case, it may seem to be true.

That's what we want you to think ;) and in your case it appears the subliminal programming has taken nicely.

========
Oh, and as far as the original poster's question I'd remove the crab as I have an unreasoning prejudice against unknown crabs in a ref tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's safest to say, "all crabs with modified arms for the purpose of filter feeding are reef safe (such as porcelain crabs), and most commensual crabs (such as acro crabs) are reef safe, and everything else gets banished to the sump."

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. However, Acrop crab can make a big mess when it want to make a "nest" within the acrop branch, but it is usually a rare occurance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: