• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

pwj1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, so far I am a little discouraged. No foam head. Maybe its a skimmer break in thing. Its been so long since the last skimmer I set up on my tank.

Maybe its some sorta chemical on the skimmer itself? Plastic surfactants?

I dont know, but I am really discouraged.

I ordered it through my LFS boss, trying to diverse the products that we sell. I went on a limb and I wanted to buy one, because of all the good news on it. I hope I dont have to take a bite out of a expensive $h!tsandwich....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes skimmers break in in a day, sometimes a week.

Patience grasshopper. All good things come in time.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine. Just give it some time.

I have plans on dropping buy Saturday after Christmas to pick up a few things. Will you be working?

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aqua C took at least 1 week before it did anything- and I mean anything! There's oils on the plastic that can really only be removed by usage. 2 weeks before I got anything into the collection cup. I was starting to wonder whether I got totally ripped off as well.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that what the break-in period is, letting oils on the plastic dissapate? If so could you use denatured alcohol to wipe it down and clean them off manually?

spaulr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua C just said to use warm water to clean it and that it would still take about 1 week to break in. You could use a vinegar solution and run that for a while - It might help a bit. Then re-run warm water through to make sure all the vinegar solution is cleaned out. I've also noticed that after I clean the down tube it takes about 3 hours for it to start really bubbling again.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my BM200 took a week. I even gave it a hot water and vinegar bath. I was the first one in CA to have a 200. which one did you get and is it the latest release...

I love mine. it skimms a little wet. but it smells awfull

pwj1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it kicked in. I am running it really wet to get the whole body submerged in water to knock out those oils.

It is skimming. I will set it to run alittle more dry in a week or so.

LA-Lawman,

I think it is the newest release. It has the italian pumps. The PVC T part is white instead of grey, which I see in most pictures. As for it skimming wet, I will enjoy it then.

Tell me, how do you adjust your foam? Gate valve? Or just its own riser tube? What is the depth of your sump?

The PVC is metric, so finding metric PVC parts will be hard. I am going to bust out a heat gun and make imperial PVC go metric PVC. lol.

I put carbon in my airfilter chamber. Looks good as a BubbleKing.

I am most likely first to have one in LA.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not able to adjust mine...yet, They are sending me the gate valve mod. I was in the first beta release. great skimmer. probably one of the best i have owned over the years...

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why does everyone want DRY skimmate? whats the obsession about. Isn't a wet skimmate more concentrated in waste just because of density?

Thanks,

B

pwj1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wetter the better for me. I care not too much for dry skimmate because the neck of the skimmer gets clogged with waste and mud. That bogs down the skimmers ability to even skim in the first place.

That is the downfall for all skimmers. Why do you think that Deltec makes a neck cleaning part (Self Cleaning Head) that cost as much as the skimmer?

I skim wet, therefore I am.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a wetter too.

Hey, pwj, how 'bout some pics of said bubble master?

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: