• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have got a 75 gallon windsor 88 corner aquarium and am about to set up a fowlr. I will be using 40 kg of lr with possibly some base rock. Any suggestions of a way to get it looking good.Thanks.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envision two ways to aquascape a corner tank. One is to have the rocks predominantly centered. The other is to have the rocks on both sides forming a channel in the middle. In this arrangement, the deeper middle will give the tank greater depth perception. Personally, I prefer the latter. I've never had the chance to do something like that but have always wanted to.

As with any aquascaping, keep it "open" and "dynamic." Lots of tunnels, caves, ledges, and pillars creates a very natural and interesting look.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you advise using an adhesive. I am thinking about puting rocks along either side so when you look into the tank from the bow front you will not see much glass down the sides. Do you think that this will be enough lr.Thanks for your help.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep; Your vision is similar to what I'm thinking of with my second suggestion. Rocks on either side to form a center channel should look nice IMO. 40kg is probably not enough, but not too far off either. 50kg should do the trick.

As for adhesives, you can definitely use stuff like underwater epoxy to secure the rocks, but I've always been able to aquascape without adhesives (let gravity and friction do all the work). If you're feeling very industrious, you can drill holes in the rock and place acrylic or PVC rods to act as a support frame for interesting rock formations.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading that there may be a problem with the lr dying in certain areas,ie were it comes into contact with the substrate and other live rock. I am having the taken drilled and purchasing two powerheads to provide extra ciculation. Will this solve the problem, thanks for the help been reading the FAQ on your site for somr time as i have been doing some research into converting from freshwater to a fowlr.

TheJGMProject

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Len's idea to make a center channel with LR on the sides. That would be pretty cool to see. If you set it up that way post some pics :wink:

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dye off isn't really a big problem if you have adequate circulation. Adding powerheads is definitely a good idea.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not to do with aquascaping, i would like to keep a picasso trigger. I saw the fish and thought that it looked great and it did not stop swimming around in the tank. However my little lad wants a "nemo", so i was wondering, if i put 2 common clown in first and then the picasso last would that be ok. Also i prefer the maroon clown with yellow stripes or is having these fish together in a 75 gallon not advisable? Is there any clean up crew you could keep with a picasso? Sorry for all the questions, a semm to get new ones every 10 minutes, thanks for all your help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: