• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

i am starting a 330l fowlr and am getting 40 kg of lr and want to keep a picasso trigger in there, i am wondering what i can keep with it. Would like to keep some inverts if possible and a brittle star. Would the picasso be ok with two common clowns. Thanks.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a picasso trigger will chew up you rocks and it will eat almost all the inverts including shrimps and crabs. i dont know about starfish but it will probably pick on it. smaller ones are okay with small fish but when it gets bigger it will attack and eat smaller fish. a long time ago i had a picasso that killed a damsel.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy down at the lfs has one on display in the shop in his reef tank and said that it causes no problems at all. I was just wondering if this si a one off. My tank is a corner tank if that makes any difference. I like the clown trigger but i believe this is more aggressive than the picasso. Thanks for your help.

mgranato

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he has a picasso in a reef, and it's not doing what picasso's usually do, then he should have bought a lottery ticket the same day - with luck like that....

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mgranato":jx58msjq said:
If he has a picasso in a reef, and it's not doing what picasso's usually do, then he should have bought a lottery ticket the same day - with luck like that....
It's a crap shot with all fish, but obviously with some species more than others. Take a look at my last editorial and you will see that I have both a clown and picasso trigger in my reef tank. I started them as juveniles, but they have grown very quickly and aside from the fact that the picasso spits sand all over neither has caused a problem with any of the sessile animals, or even with snails or crabs or other fish. I wouldn't try an adult trigger from the wild, but one that grows up in a well fed reef tank can work.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my plan to get a juvenile picasso. The guy at the lfs said in no uncertain terms that it may not work in my tank. I am going to have to try as i really like this fish. I hopr that it does work. the lfs just said to tey to keep it well fed and that will make a big difference in its attitude. Thanks, happy christmas.

danmhippo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck.

I had a niger that chew up any crustaceans tankmates. But it does not bother fish or corals. However, niger is the least aggressive of most triggers known.

I'd keep finger crossed and locked if you were to try with Picasso.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: