• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I have two powerheads that I want to run on a wavemaker power strip.
I'd like to have them switch on/off and create some random flow:
Lefty on for 30 seconds, then off for 30 secs.
Righty on for the next 30 secs, then off for 30 secs.
Both on for 30 secs, then off for 30 secs.

Or, maybe a random pattern so there are overlapping on/off periods.

A 5 or 10 min pause for feeding would be nice, but I can always just turn off the unit, right?

Of course, I want to spend the least amount possble to get a decent unit.

What unit do you recommend and how much money (ball park)?

I don't want a whole controller thing for heaters and all that. I'd like to spend around $100 or less.

Thanks.

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know any wavemakers that do 30 second intervals, is 1 minute okay? the only one that will allow you to make complicated wavemaking programs are the expensive controllers like neptune. the red sea wavemaster pro i use is good but it is not very customizable, but i think it will do enough for what you want. i got mine for about $100.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that price range I'd recommend the Redsea Wavemaster Pro myself, as well.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In today's marketplace, there isn't many choices left. RS Wavemaster, Coralife's strip (I hate this thing), and Aquarium Systems' Natural Wave are the only three I know. Beyond that, you'll have to either spend more money or buy an integrated wavemaking system (such as Tunze, Vortech, or Seio with Seio's new timer).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested as well...I wouldn't mind having one of my MJ mods go on and off regularly to create some random flow.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blueline Tsunami wave maker. Had everything you wanted. Also could control 3 pumps.

There's a lighting DJ controller that's like $20 that people are using. Caluvet?

Do a search on google.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: