• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

Do you feed yours at night when the lights are off or in the daytime?

Mine seems to be twice as big at night.

Just curiuos.

Phillip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine day or night. My LTA has a superb feeding response at night though! It will certainly eat with the lights on but is extra quick about it at night.

I occasionally like to give it a night feeding, because the clownfish are less active then and I don't have to worry about the clowns pulling the food out of the anemone and spitting it out in another part of the tank, as they like to do. Little jerks!

Platax

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my anemones when I feed my fish.
Usually in the evening.

-----------------
Best Regards,
Andrey. :wink:

blackcloudmedia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eat anytime and take the food instantly. Strangely though my baby sebae has yet to accept food from me. I hear you though about the little clown thieves. I went to feed bohemoth last night and the grouper and the clowns kept yanking food away from my hand.

NMreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies. I have had this sebae for about 2 weeks now. At first it wouldn't eat at all, but it seems to be very healthy. I have gotten it to eat a few small pieces of food. I just noticed that after the lights go out it gets extremely big. I was just assuming it was doing that to catch food. I may try to feed it tonight and see what response I get.

Thanks again,
Phillip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it works out for you, feeding it at night.

Our BTA usually squishes up and seems to retire for the evening, but my LTA for sure looks like it is trying to catch something.

I don't know when they feed naturally, but I always just try and feed them whenever they want to eat!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: