• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen posts concerned with simply the BEST skimmers on the market. And I've seen them with folks concerned with spending as little as possible on a "get you by" skimmer, but what about value?

In your opinion what skimmer make offers the best value. Particularly rated for around 150g (for my 65g cube).

By value, I mean which skimmer do you feel performs the best for the least$.. I realize you get what you pay for, but once your water is clean its clean...what skimmer walks the line of $ and efficiency?

ASM? PM? MRC? AquaC? BK? CL? What is your opinion?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought this was a thread about Rice-A-Roni or something...

Peace,

Chip

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am using a red sea berlin turbo. it's my first skimmer, but i hear good things about it. all i know is, the cup fills.
i am curious about this too, mainly because i see those really cheap skimmers on ebay and wonder if they do anything at all. (jebo)

bleedingthought

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've been reading a lot lately, Octopus, which you don't have listed.

Although I am very pleased to have oversized with my ASM G3 for only 240 bucks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly believe that a homemade skimmer is the best value. It allows you to understand the skimmer better while saving you money. Buy twice as many parts as you need and build two. In my experience this economy of scale allows you to keep the best, sell the second skimmer and basically break even. If you really futz one up then you're still ahead economically and you've gained valuable information.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think for me time is an issue here. As correct as you are in doing a DIY project like this, I really need somthing I can pay for and use. While the knowlege woud definitly be valuable, I don't have the time to invest to gain it right now :(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: