A

Anonymous

i had bought a dual 96w ballast some time ago and am just now wanting to use it.
i seem to have misplaced the wiring diagram and the cheapo ballast box has rivets instead of screws holding it together so i can't get an eyeball on the guts of the thing.

it would be awesome if someone had the same ballast.. i have no clue what the make is, i bought it from Hellolights a couple years ago and it was on clearance at the time. there are absolutely no markings on it at all... it is black... i guess i should put pic up later.

let me sum it up... there are eight wires, 2 red, 2 blue, 2 yellow, and 2 orange.
i assumed that each bulb would get one of each color but i cannot find a combo that will do that.
the only way i can get a bulb to fire is to use the red and blue wires ONLY. the yellow and orange seem to do nothing but extinguish the light when both are applied to the bulb.
i can use the blue and yellow to fire a bulb but it is not at full-on bright like it is with the red and blue. i cannot find any way to fire both bulbs simutaneously.

you wouldn't believe how little info i can find on this, i would love to have an idea of what i should be trying to accomplish other than trial and error.

A

Anonymous

Easy way to find out, get a bulb, plug the ballast in, touch a red wire to one side of the PC bulb's pin, touch the other red wire to the other side briefly and see if it lights up, if not, try one of the other colors.

Honestly Ive never seen a setup like that though, usually all the hot leads will be one color and all the neutrals will be another.

A

Anonymous

this is going to sound confusing but what else can i do?

both the blues and reds will light up one bulb. it doesn't matter which red or blue and all the red and blue wires can be put on one bulb and it will fire but red and blue will not fire both bulbs.
if one set of red and blue are firing one bulb and i try to touch off the other, then bulb one will go out.

the first two wire combo i found was yellow and blue and they will fire a bulb. orange, as far as i can tell, does nothing.

here's a pic of the ballast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: