• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Len":28bnjqd9 said:
The new phpBB3 is very nice. We're just on old software right now. I hope that a new software will help a lot. I know that it will allow me to do a lot of things I've always wanted to do :)

Like ban half the Sump? :) Just kidding.

I enjoy it here, but I think traffic leads to more traffic. People here are always helpful, so it isn't anything about the people.

A

Anonymous

I though Traffic lead to Blind Faith which lead to the reformation of Traffic.

A

Anonymous

browncj7":1kwr7q0b said:
I though Traffic lead to Blind Faith which lead to the reformation of Traffic.

And so goes the low spark of a high heeled boy.......

pcardone

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we just need to come up with some interesting topics, I'm sure we have a lot of readers. I visit every day,

Norm Allen

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting seeing me quoted although I was mostly if not totally done @ RDO before this thread.

Even more interesting to me is seeing the reference to usenet. It never occurred to me & I had no idea some of the folks here would have been on the old newsgroups. Several years before I started posting to RDO I was once a usenet<>fidonet gateway for many aquarium and scuba related groups. (Via The Second Stage BBS out of Hatfield, PA)

Anyway.. I stepped back from reef & fish keeping myself due to a number of life decisions. When things settled back down some, I tried to get my newest set of kids into it. They're now in their teens and it seems its pretty much a no-go, they've no interest in it beyond occasional, mild curiosity.

I may get back into it once they leave the nest, not sure yet. One of the other reasons I stepped away was that I was dissastified with the seemingly extrordinary lengths taken to keep these creatures alive and penned up. Expensive for me and of course, ultimately expensive for them. Maybe its still better that I take that money and just go visit them living their natural life, in their home instead of plucking them out and bringing them to mine.

Josh

in the coral sea...
Vendor
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Interesting seeing me quoted although I was mostly if not totally done @ RDO before this thread.

Even more interesting to me is seeing the reference to usenet. It never occurred to me & I had no idea some of the folks here would have been on the old newsgroups. Several years before I started posting to RDO I was once a usenet<>fidonet gateway for many aquarium and scuba related groups. (Via The Second Stage BBS out of Hatfield, PA)

Anyway.. I stepped back from reef & fish keeping myself due to a number of life decisions. When things settled back down some, I tried to get my newest set of kids into it. They're now in their teens and it seems its pretty much a no-go, they've no interest in it beyond occasional, mild curiosity.

I may get back into it once they leave the nest, not sure yet. One of the other reasons I stepped away was that I was dissastified with the seemingly extrordinary lengths taken to keep these creatures alive and penned up. Expensive for me and of course, ultimately expensive for them. Maybe its still better that I take that money and just go visit them living their natural life, in their home instead of plucking them out and bringing them to mine.

Welcome back!

I remember Second Stage BBS!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: