Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have tried the following:
- tomentosus filefish: works if they are easy to access: all the remaining ones now are in deep crevices. However when they feel "safe" they will venture further out. In this case when possible I move the rock they are on a bit, and the filefish eats them
- Aiptasia-X, Joe's Juice: seem to kill them but they come back, including on the same spot.
- Kalkwasser paste: my current method: seems to work pretty well so far, and as it stays in place (unless disturbed) I do not see anything popping back in place
- Berghias: destroyed by my fish despite taking a lot of precautions (introduced at night etc). Filefish and flasher wrasse ate them.
- Peppermint shrimp: even with the largest I could get, they made a meal for my swissguard basslets.
- Majano wand: seemed to work on the easy to reach ones, but once again... my filefish can take care of these.

Last edited:

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I dont trust any of these over the counter measures. One single cell left behind creates a new healthy aiptasia. You need something that covers them completely or eats them. Lasers leave too much residue. Joes juice and aiptasia x might kill the mouth...but what about residue? What about tiny cells stuck to the rock? Even the wand...unless u scrape the remains off the rock and then verify u run the wand over every cell leftover...just dont trust it

S.R. Reefing

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can try to trade your aptisia rock with clean rock with some extra $$. When i was breading Nudi...i am buying aptisia rock left and right. Usually trading with SPS or other corals.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: