Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a situation where I made an agreement with someone to buy a fish. We agreed that I would purchase. I reached out to the person telling him the update as to when I can pick up and he goes and say sorry it’s sold....
That’s no respect to the person buying because at least I gave him a heads up of the status as a sign of respect.....Just real disrespectful, SMH. My record is great on here. People can tell u how I operate. Guess the honor system doesn’t apply to some. But I get it. It’s business.

Hey is anyone looking for a beautiful purple tang ?

CMD_2020

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
14   1   1
PayPal with 3% is no deposit, sorry. PayPal Friends and Family is the only true form of a deposit. Any buyer with a protection can change their mind and submit a paypal claim since they didn't receive anything.

As a buyer, you are placing a deposit to secure an item. If you decide to walk away, that money is gone.
totally agree! I always thought it was common sense. Small deposit for good faith, non refundable should be assumed. If no deposit down, it's really anyone's game.

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
There are too many cornballs she flakes on here. Too many people are always on there way and never show up. Wasting people’s time. First come first served your damn right. You lose money waiting for people to feel like showing up. If money ain’t in hand or in the bank it’s still for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xanderax1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Cash and carry is best.
Unless you want increased risk losing your money and your time, trying to recover it, possibly uselessly, just to make a seller happy "for not wasting their time", then careful when using methods other than cash.

Example : paypal
"A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged. "

Or Straight from venmo's mouth.

"Remember: Outside of paying in a mobile app or website, Venmo is designed for payments between friends and people who trust each other.
In short:

Be careful. Don’t use Venmo to join a pyramid, cash wheel, money circle or other get rich quick scams

Don’t use Venmo to sell anything to strangers

Don’t use Venmo to buy anything from anyone you don’t know and trust"

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Stickboy97

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this forum but not to others (been on my local forum since 2009). I buy and sell stuff constantly, usually sell stuff to buy more stuff or upgrade. I'll hold items for people with no deposit. If you don't buy it, ok... I'll sell it to the next person. I've never tried to sell anything that was an emergency.

1 thing I hate is when you make a deal & someone sells to someone else who offers more money, thats just shady on both parties.

Smarthuiyuan

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got the well respected veteran coder turned supervisor and he's behind making use of a proprietary or extremely uncommon code speech. It gets executed because it's in their own comfort zone and after that you can not find people to RS gold code it, there are a variety of problems where developers say"well that is what we're stuck with since we decided to use this speech", and that eventually becomes the default civilization, to blame the software even when there are sometimes ways to make it work. But you wouldn't know if there were ways to make it work anyhow, since it's all undocumented.

In the majority of instances I've noticed, the developers in that scenario end up getting replaced through an outsourced replacement application. This component could be challenging considering the program is the whole business and it's custom IP, but I can imagine there are several billion tech consultencies that could tell Jagex they can convert all Runescape to -insert well known programming language- at the click of a button, because that's what technician consultents always state to get a contract. It is possible they have already squandered their money with companies like that.

Banking is like this. Banks are desperately, and I really do mean DESPERATELY, looking for people who can use COBOL because its exactly what all of the old systems have been coded and they can not change them. Should they try, there's an extremely high chance the entire international banking network collapses overnight. Its frankly a ridiculous circumstance but kind of hilarious at a really horrifying way. Yep, but at least COBOL was popular so there's documentation to reference. I have seen banking apps that interface with this COBOL that operate on drag-and-drop fashion programming languages which are so obscure they are ungoogleable.

Okay - I'm going off of at least Runescape used to work. So look at the simple fact that you have your personality. You have what's known as a"player kit" - this is your basic character's layout:Male/Female, Hairstyle/Beards (if applicable)/Hair Colour, Outfits/Outfit colors. So going off of the: your base character has a specific amount of combinations you can make - I am somewhat too lazy to calculate them all, but you can likely do this by counting the amount of colours/hairstyles/etc. And performing the math to figure out how many combinations you can find.

So there is a ton of them already after that - but you have to determine what to do about there being things which don't completely cover a participant's head, usually just"hats" - like Partyhats, Robin Hood Hats, Chompy Bird Hats (and there is like 18 Chompy Bird Hats alone), etc.. In addition to this, if they still use that old system - they would have a completely split model for the participant's chat mind - that is why no body/torso is displayed in the chatbox. I'm not really in a position to make any proposals on it, although there is probably a simpler way to do it. Anyway so - you may need to re-model every chathead that has the and rework expressions to seem less. Odd?

Anyway, this becomes a huge project, and they're already barely putting out anything since it is - and that which we do get typically does something stupid such as disables item pick-ups, or triggers nightmare-inducing model-glitches of things like PoF animals. It's not that I do not think they can do it. It's that I believe they won't due to the time-sink (unless it comes with a new game/new tech/etc.) And since they're already having a hard time doing projects that keep breaking because of RuneScape gold buy old issues that are mechanical.

Attachments

• OSRS   1.png
    OSRS 1.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 59

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: