ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of it, but it seems like it could be a good option. The filters might be pricey, but they don't seem out of the industry standard (5 microns, 1 micron, etc.), so you can most likely replace them with other brands as necessary.

I've been thinking about boycotting most of the RODI suppliers (BRS, Marine Depot, Buckeye Hydro, etc.) because they haven't put out statements in regards to the R2R anti-LGBTQ+ drama. So sharing this was really useful, thanks!!

doma25

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of it, but it seems like it could be a good option. The filters might be pricey, but they don't seem out of the industry standard (5 microns, 1 micron, etc.), so you can most likely replace them with other brands as necessary.

I've been thinking about boycotting most of the RODI suppliers (BRS, Marine Depot, Buckeye Hydro, etc.) because they haven't put out statements in regards to the R2R anti-LGBTQ+ drama. So sharing this was really useful, thanks!!
thanks for the reply! happy to help introduce some new brands!

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what's in my water but tds is around 100. Booster pump is necessary to get the unit in the correct optimal operational PSI range.
If your TDS is around 100, I'm not seeing why you need a six stage. IIRC, a 4-5 stage should get you to 0 TDS even if you need the booster pump. 5 stage if where you live uses chloramines, 4 stage if not. 6 stage if you've either got heavy silicates or live in an area with a very high TDS rating.

For comparison, cherry shrimp (Neocaridina sp.) like a TDS of ~150. So I'd go with a 4/5 stage depending on if your water has chloramines in it. You can find the info on if your city doses chloramines usually by calling your water supply company I think.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: