TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
FE11F954-0798-413A-8FCC-650C2AB48DB3.jpeg

So after a five year layoff I’m getting back in the game. Went with a Red Sea Reefer 425. Lighting will be Radions (I swore I would never leave the T5 life but wife wanted something less bulky this time around). Tanks been running for a few weeks now and doing well.
A couple questions since I’ve been gone- why on earth do torch corals cost a grand now??? Why on earth do yellow tangs cost almost as much as gem tangs???? And most importantly what has changed in the last five years I should be aware of??? I got my marine block going which is new and very helpful. Looking forward to getting to know everyone again.

-Sherm

Payedjay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawai ban on export majority of yellow tangs come from there. Torches Indo like gold and dragon soul around 250 any other exotic indo like knicks 21 tails etc should be around 350 and info holy grails about 800 to 2000 depending on strain
Aussie about 75 per head regular 300 for gold and 450 for 24k gold everything more expensive bc of Covid shipping prices are sky rocket

TheSherm

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Thanks Charlie hope tank is looking good.

thanks Tom hope all is well. Just added first coral over here so I’ll keep you posted, can’t wait to see how the tank is doing

jeremy I knew the LED would disappoint you the most! Can’t wait to see the setup

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: