BettyRowe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I am keeping an aquarium in my room. I love them so much that I insured them. Currently I am wondering if when my fish is sick will insurance include medicine to treat it?
Thanks very much.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Actually they will depending on the company and policy, but you have to tell them to include what animals to be covered. I have dogs so I’m familiar with it. ..but the problem is most fish meds aren’t that expensive and not worth making the claim based on your deductible....unlike dogs which can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BettyRowe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually they will depending on the company and policy, but you have to tell them to include what animals to be covered. I have dogs so I’m familiar with it. ..but the problem is most fish meds aren’t that expensive and not worth making the claim based on your deductible....unlike dogs which can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your comment

banksmabel

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so did you find out if the insurance company covers it? Because I know that usually, it should cover the medicine, but sometimes it depends on the plan. Most pet insurance plans have extensive coverage, while some only cover specific things. If you're not sure, better to ask your insurance company or reread the contract to see if this is stipulated. Also, many people read about this on various websites, like https://www.petinsurancereview.com/, cause there're reviews about any company, and you can find yours.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: