marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
For looks it depends upon the height of the tank, but when I had my 60 cube, 2' high, I had a high stand, 34", and the viewing was really nice, and with it being high, you got the full view of the tank.
That being say I think you need to take into considering a couple of things on the stand height, the first being the amount of room under the tank, as you want to have good access and you need to take into account the height of the skimmer. The second thing is if the tank is high, say 36", you need to take into account the access to it from above, so you may need a ladder or step stool to access it.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
mine is 42" on a 120g tank harder to work on but i dont ever really need to work on tank atleast going into tank, great for a bar stool in front of it looking at tank or standing because you dont really have to look down

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with josh. Height of tank will also affect the height of the stand. I m 6’2 and built my stand 36” and my tank is 24”. If I would have gone with a 20” high tank I would have made the stand 40”. So I think it is a question of how high do you want the whole set up to be?

JimmyVance

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that the ideal height for an aquarium stand really depends on your comfort. I prefer stands that are around waist height. It makes maintenance easier, and it looks great too!

gredas

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ideal height for an aquarium stand can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the aquarium, the type of fish and plants you have, and your personal preferences. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as what may be ideal for one person or setup may not be suitable for another.

However, there are some general considerations to keep in mind when determining the height of an aquarium stand. It's essential to ensure that the stand provides adequate support for the weight of the aquarium, including the water, substrate, and decorations. This typically means choosing a stand that is sturdy and well-constructed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: