Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hey friends,

I'll be speaking with Keith on Thursday for a live webcast. We're going to talk about the origins of Manhattan Reefs and what the hobby was like in NYC 20 years ago. I hope you will listen in:

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Well done Josh! Great interview! I love the origin story. Thank you and the team for such a great legacy. You guys have had a huge, lasting impact and I appreciate being part of such a dynamic community! Thanks for the great info, and all the work you and the team are doing. Gotta say - I'm motivated to learn more of the science behind the hobby.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Josh,
You forgot to mention the frag swap @ the Arthur Murray Dance Studio and the frags from Reefer Madness Lol!
OMG, I thought through in my head how I was going to tell that story, about us spilling all this water on their lovely wooden floors. I wanted to tell it but there was not enough time! I remember that so well. I thought the guy was going to hit us with a $10k floor refinishing bill when Joe Russo showed up with 30 minutes left in the event and a tank built out of 2x4's and a leaking tank! So funny.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
The first frag swap was in an office downtown, the next one was in the back room at a bar. After that we had one or two at Jonathan's place before it just got too big.
OK seriously now.

I AM SO UPSET that I did not get the right moment to thank you Mike, Alfie, Kris, and all the other people (including Kathy and Frank Y). You all deserve all of our sincere gratitude. I remember talking about how the swaps "just happen" because our people are so good, and that is exactly where I should have mentioned everyone by name. I'm so sorry, you are all so amazing and deserve more recognition.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This December will be 20 years as a member! My only regret is my inability to meet up more in person with many of you guys at swaps and meetups! But I have met so many great people and stay in touch with several regularly!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a great interview and stroll down memory lane!
I remember back in 03/04 Jim convinced my boss to let a 'bunch of strangers' with foam coolers and bags of water into our office at 180 Grand St.
Our handwritten 'Frag Swap' sign on the street also encouraged several LAN gamers to poke their confused heads inside.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: