Richlosco

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys going to be picking up a 150 gallon tank from nj and bringing it to long island. It’s going to be around a 3 hour trip. Looking for the best way to transport this without causing any damage to the tank. I will be using a Dodge Ram and a uhaul cargo trailer for the rest of the supplies. Going this weekend so any help would be awesome!!

Richlosco

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I picked up my tank , I rented a U-Haul van.
Wanted total protection from pebbles or road debris hitting my tank.

I would love to help, but I'm 73 years old, don't think I can do much
:D:LOL::cool:
Haha!! I plan on putting it in the bed of the ram. I guess get some foam pads and blankets under the tank and lightly strap it down? I’m worried about the bumps ect

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Haha!! I plan on putting it in the bed of the ram. I guess get some foam pads and blankets under the tank and lightly strap it down? I’m worried about the bumps ect
Not that I've moved anything bigger than a 75 gallon in the Honda Fit, but I was say if you're using a pick up truck, the aquarium needs to be ratchetted down so there no give. Let the wheel's suspension work for you, rather than have the glass bouncing around off the floor. Strap it in, upside down, so the bottom glass (becomes the roof) will keep the sidewalls at 90 degrees, so the straps do not "concave" the aquarium as if there was an open top. Finally the corners needs to be wrapped in cardboard, like when you first received it, so the glass can't make contact with anything. A soft floor and a light tightening as you were mentioning it, may allow the aquarium to hop around. A solid liner for the flatbed, ie rubber mat or old carpet, would be better than a fluffy duvet comforter.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys going to be picking up a 150 gallon tank from nj and bringing it to long island. It’s going to be around a 3 hour trip. Looking for the best way to transport this without causing any damage to the tank. I will be using a Dodge Ram and a uhaul cargo trailer for the rest of the supplies. Going this weekend so any help would be awesome!!
Buy yourself a couple pieces of rigid foam insulation from Home Depot or lowes and put it under the tank then cut pieces to put around the outside and top with a little duct tape to secure all panels. I wouldn’t strap it down but pack the rest of the bed tight with anything extra to keep it from sliding around.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: