bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Since I'm going from a 50 to a 225, I decided automation was the way to go and got myself an Apex. Just as a bit of background, in the past I was a software developer: C, C++, VB, VBA, Perl and PL/SQL, so I'm no stranger to tech but this Apex is driving me *crazy*. Even simple things don't work as I assume they should. I have two EB8's and the outlet that I have my fuge light plugged into is labeled FugeLt_2_5, the 5th outlet in the second EB8. If I use the dashboard, I can toggle the light on and off so I know it's the right outlet but when I try to turn the light on and off via the timer (see below). nothing happens, even though I set the outlet to Auto. What am I doing wrong because for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Apex.jpg

lake985

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Your current settings turn the fuge light on from 5:40pm to 5:45pm, so unless you’re looking at it during that five-minute window, the lights will be off for the majority of the day. Have you tried expanding the time frame?

I also think you should change your hysteresis from 000:01 (1 second) to 001:00 (1 minute). I’m not sure if that’s adding to your issues, but I find 1 second too small a window as it could cause the outlet to cycle on/off rapidly as your temp fluctuates around 84* (I know your tank will probably never reach that temp, just saying).

Here’s a pic of my fuge settings. Lights on at midnight and off at 11:15am.
a6bd507e2aa6449dfb47b7c846277692.jpg

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Since I'm going from a 50 to a 225, I decided automation was the way to go and got myself an Apex. Just as a bit of background, in the past I was a software developer: C, C++, VB, VBA, Perl and PL/SQL, so I'm no stranger to tech but this Apex is driving me *crazy*. Even simple things don't work as I assume they should. I have two EB8's and the outlet that I have my fuge light plugged into is labeled FugeLt_2_5, the 5th outlet in the second EB8. If I use the dashboard, I can toggle the light on and off so I know it's the right outlet but when I try to turn the light on and off via the timer (see below). nothing happens, even though I set the outlet to Auto. What am I doing wrong because for the life of me I can't figure it out.

View attachment 321502

Go into the clock and update your location. I had this issue yesterday. For some reason it defaults to apex time instead of local time. Give that a try

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Your current settings turn the fuge light on from 5:40pm to 5:45pm, so unless you’re looking at it during that five-minute window, the lights will be off for the majority of the day. Have you tried expanding the time frame?

I also think you should change your hysteresis from 000:01 (1 second) to 001:00 (1 minute). I’m not sure if that’s adding to your issues, but I find 1 second too small a window as it could cause the outlet to cycle on/off rapidly as your temp fluctuates around 84* (I know your tank will probably never reach that temp, just saying).

Here’s a pic of my fuge settings. Lights on at midnight and off at 11:15am.
a6bd507e2aa6449dfb47b7c846277692.jpg
That was for me to watch it come on and off while I was there to observe it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: