lionel ocasio

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36g bowfront tank. 300w adjustable heater. X1 480gph WaveMaker. X1 c360 magniflow canister. X1 50gph uv sterilizer. 30lbs of dry rock. 6lbs of live rock. Make my own rodi water and instant ocean salt mixed at home. X1 nicrew 36w dual channel reef light...white, green, and blue hues with timers. 20lbs of pink Fiji live sand. Digital temp gauge. Various brands of tests for ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, salinity, magnesium, alkalinity, calcium, and TDS.

Ph 8.0-8.4 (depending on when I do water change)
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20-40 (canister filter to blame lol)
Salinity 1.024-1.025 (sometimes refractor test is touchy)
Temp floats between 79.8-80.6

2 Oscrellis clowns
1 royal gramma
2 Banggai cardinalfish
3 Pajama cardinalfish
1 blue reef chromis
1 yellow banded possum wrasse
1 diamond goby
1 purple fire goby
1 orange citron goby
2 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
20 assorted snails
10 blue hermit crabs

I feed frozen mysis, garlic flake, regular color enhancing flake, and color enhancing pellets. They all seem to be picky about certain stuff which is why I feed a variety. They didn't like the frozen Hikari mega-marine....they prefer just mysis.

I also added some zoas, polyps, and 1 candy cane mushroom for corals. They are all doing very well. Small right now but I'll take some pictures when I can. I changed from regular instant ocean salt to reef crystal instant ocean salt. I am also creating my own rodi water now makes it much easier.

What do you guys think about this setup? Any input? I'll add some good pictures later I'm at work right now lol. Let me know if you have any advise or anything I should know. I started this tank back in the beginning of may.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
36g bowfront tank. 300w adjustable heater. X1 480gph WaveMaker. X1 c360 magniflow canister. X1 50gph uv sterilizer. 30lbs of dry rock. 6lbs of live rock. Make my own rodi water and instant ocean salt mixed at home. X1 nicrew 36w dual channel reef light...white, green, and blue hues with timers. 20lbs of pink Fiji live sand. Digital temp gauge. Various brands of tests for ph, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, salinity, magnesium, alkalinity, calcium, and TDS.

Ph 8.0-8.4 (depending on when I do water change)
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20-40 (canister filter to blame lol)
Salinity 1.024-1.025 (sometimes refractor test is touchy)
Temp floats between 79.8-80.6

2 Oscrellis clowns
1 royal gramma
2 Banggai cardinalfish
3 Pajama cardinalfish
1 blue reef chromis
1 yellow banded possum wrasse
1 diamond goby
1 purple fire goby
1 orange citron goby
2 cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
20 assorted snails
10 blue hermit crabs

I feed frozen mysis, garlic flake, regular color enhancing flake, and color enhancing pellets. They all seem to be picky about certain stuff which is why I feed a variety. They didn't like the frozen Hikari mega-marine....they prefer just mysis.

I also added some zoas, polyps, and 1 candy cane mushroom for corals. They are all doing very well. Small right now but I'll take some pictures when I can. I changed from regular instant ocean salt to reef crystal instant ocean salt. I am also creating my own rodi water now makes it much easier.

What do you guys think about this setup? Any input? I'll add some good pictures later I'm at work right now lol. Let me know if you have any advise or anything I should know. I started this tank back in the beginning of may.
Good start, but you don't need to feed garlic... If any fish are super picky you can also try LRS Fertility Blend (a frozen food). But all of your fish are pretty hardy and should all adapt to flake food quickly. The canister filter will ultimately end up causing more trouble than solutions with Nitrates and phosphate...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: