tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Emperor Angel health issue, I’ve had this fish for three months did 2 doses of prazi pro and copper , The fish is eating a lot I mean a lot like several clams on the half shell krill and sheets of Nori ,
The fish swims normal but occasionally surges back-and-forth after the first dose of Praze I noticed that the gills were opening equally unlike initially only one side was really opening gaining weight like crazy What does this type of shake I’m not sure ? Looks bloated or some other parasite? Its tank mates are fine

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Trying to show a video but no luck yet

Attachments

• 2E1D5807-E0C6-4D07-ABA1-99E93FE781F5.jpeg
    2E1D5807-E0C6-4D07-ABA1-99E93FE781F5.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 0

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Trying to show a video but no luck yet
Since I got the fish it looks like it’s swallowed a ping-pong ball extremely fat in the back half but the fish will continue to eat a lot

Attachments

• B2D3D66A-8373-45A3-ABDC-00541040AF55.jpeg
    B2D3D66A-8373-45A3-ABDC-00541040AF55.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 0

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Perhaps try not feeding for a couple of days and see if the swelling goes down. If it does not perhaps internal issues, any white stringy poop?

When you say surges back/forth do you mean shaking back and forth or twitching?

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Perhaps try not feeding for a couple of days and see if the swelling goes down. If it does not perhaps internal issues, any white stringy poop?

When you say surges back/forth do you mean shaking back and forth or twitching?
It’s hard not to feed them because I’m excited they eat so much, I haven’t seen poop in three months , and the purple tang I’ve had for four years and no watching poop either LOL when I say surging I mean like a train chugging and only occasionally I do believe it’s a air bladder infection

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: