Napoliandy

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
I have a 75 gallon innovative marine int tank with a 29 gallon sump. The sump is diy kit. Presently, my equipment is
29 gallon sump
Your choice aquatics dc13 skimmer
Aqua ultraviolet 15watt uv sterilizer
2x radion xr15 g5 with reefbrites.

I am upgrading to a 100 gallon ext, which is what I should’ve got from jump and I was wondering what peoples opinions would be in regards to keeping my equipment. I feel that some can transfer, if not all.
aside from the skimmer, my question is in regards to the sump, lights, and radions.

Can I use a 29 gallon sump on a 100gallon?
Can I get away with a 15watt aqua ultraviolet uv?
Will 2 radion xr15 with reefbrites be enough on a four foot tank?
Any input would be great and I appreciate anyone’s advice.
thanks

Caseyoidae

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be alright transferring over the equipment. You may end up wanting to add a third xr15 or upgrading to the 25w aqua uv but I would see how things run with current equipment first. If you need more coverage or clarity you can always add as needed.

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Everything that you've listed will transfer over and work exactly the same on the new tank. No real need to upgrade anything right away.

Eventually you might want a 3rd light in the future depending on what you keep. Also you might outgrow your skimmer. But that's 2-3 years away

Timfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can swing a bigger sump go for it. But your 29 will work just fine. Water flow through the sump isn't that critical, power heads or wave makers in hte DT is a better way (and can be more economical IMO) to get give corals the water flow they may want.

Joseserrano

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything should be ok. 3rd light down the road will be helpful. But suggestion above to go larger now than later isn’t a bad idea. 120 will probably be close in dimensions to that 100g

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: