STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Question. Looking into abyzz pumps. Can someone tell me what the IPU designation means? Based on my basic understanding it looks like the controllers on the IPU are water resistant and for some reason the non IPU are rated for less flow and cost more $$. Also I’d be looking to replace my return pumps with them. I currently run two Vectra L2. Could I get away with two A100 or would I need two A200?

Kyowang

Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Question. Looking into abyzz pumps. Can someone tell me what the IPU designation means? Based on my basic understanding it looks like the controllers on the IPU are water resistant and for some reason the non IPU are rated for less flow and cost more $$. Also I’d be looking to replace my return pumps with them. I currently run two Vectra L2. Could I get away with two A100 or would I need two A200?
how many % you run on l2 and how big is u tank

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I run both L2 on the second highest setting only because I have heard that running them at 100% decreases lifespan. I have a 310 display with a 50 gallon sump. There’s nothing wrong with the L2. Just considering an upgrade. The flow rate is different for the ipu Versions. It’s actually less based on their website. I believe the only thing the ipu versions give you is waterproof controller.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Ok. The flow rates are basically the same based on a different site I checked. But for the extra $500 idk that I need water proof controllers because I’ve never had them before and have had no. That being said if I do get these I’m 100% confident that based on the price and my life experience I will drop the controller into the water within days of installing it.

nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
IP65 is water resistant rating, not water proof. It protects from spray, but not submersion. If you are "planning" to dunk the controller, get the cheaper one, and use the cost savings to buy a new controller when the said accident happens.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I’m not planning on dunking the controller. It was more of a joke. I currently run two L2’s. Never even gotten the controllers wet. But basically my luck is buy to me expensive pumps I’d get them wet somehow because that’s my luck. Honestly my main concern is are these pumps worth the price? Like I said I run dual L2’s. They have done the job. I have a backup L2 that I put online because I was too lazy to clean a pump that turned off. Obviously I can’t afford a backup Abyzz. Can anyone with experience with these pumps tell me if they are worth the expensive price tag??

nvladik

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My comment above was meant as a joke also... I can't speak for Abyzz, but I used Red Dragons. They are wonderful pumps. Having said that, I just took down my Jebao for cleaning from my water change system that usually runs non-stop for cleaning (3 years), and impeller looks brand new. So I honestly can't justify it myself also on my system. I am still trying to decide, 2 M2s, or stick to Jebao.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just purchased the A200 DC and not the IPU version. The IPU version is targeted for thos with installations outdoors like ponds and such. their is plenty of included cord to safely locate the controller away from water. If it's not going outside or into a humid enclosure then the non IPU version would be good in my opinion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: