bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I have a Bubble Magus 9+ skimmer - the controller is shot and I've tried contacting BM about ordering a replacement but have gotten no reply. My question is this - are all DC skimmer controllers the same? I have Reef Octopus DC return pumps and the controller is very similar - a DC adapter port and a three pin connector plug with a screw ring. Can I use *any* DC skimmer controller on my BM? Thx for reading.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Since no one knows if I can use *any* DC controller for the pump in my Bubble-Magus and I can't get any response from their "Customer Service" department the only other option I see is to have my current controller repaired. Can anyone recommend a reputable electronics repair place in Central NJ that could fix the controller board for me? Thx for looking.

reginahester

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The voltage and wattage output of the controller needs to match the specifications of the skimmer pump. Using a controller with lower voltage could underpower the pump.
dino game

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: