Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wet for me. Far less water changes IMO. But you do need to be careful and closely watch salinity. My skimmer expels about 5 gallons a week running 16 hours a day, and I only do water changes of 40 gallons every 5-6 weeks.. When dry skimming, I needed to do water changes every 2-3 weeks to keep the same crystal clear tank.. ATO at a carefully calculated salinity level is also a must with wet skimming or you will have salinity dips. Let's not forget, it all depends on your inhabitants...

Addryn

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet for me. Far less water changes IMO. But you do need to be careful and closely watch salinity. My skimmer expels about 5 gallons a week running 16 hours a day, and I only do water changes of 40 gallons every 5-6 weeks.. When dry skimming, I needed to do water changes every 2-3 weeks to keep the same crystal clear tank.. ATO at a carefully calculated salinity level is also a must with wet skimming or you will have salinity dips. Let's not forget, it all depends on your inhabitants...
Agree with you, dry skimming requires to change water more often

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: