• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went 5 years in a row from 2019-2023. How is it now? I didn’t go because I’m broke and my new tank was just newly transferred. Plus I’m broke. I think it’s the same every year. I’m better off buying here from fellow hobbiest.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It was my first time going, and I thought it was nice to see so many small shops. Prices were, well what you would expect these days. But I had the feeling that a lot of people have been in this hobby for a long time before turning their house into an aquaculture facility, so that was nice. Went to see Julian's talk and now I know I don't have the room for a red mangrove tree.

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
257   0   0
It was my first time going, and I thought it was nice to see so many small shops. Prices were, well what you would expect these days. But I had the feeling that a lot of people have been in this hobby for a long time before turning their house into an aquaculture facility, so that was nice. Went to see Julian's talk and now I know I don't have the room for a red mangrove tree.
Nice. Get a lot of free samples??

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Is Reefapalooza better than Macna?
Never been to Macna, I was going to this year. But apparently it had way more scientific/education sessions. Also since you mostly go there, spend a couple of hours, then go out, there is no feeling of community building. While Macna was 3 days so I assume you would spend time eating and drinking and chatting after the main exhibits close.

I didn't look for free samples, but I touched a lot of things that I was wondering about, like the genesys blocks from Polyp Labs (they are really solid... compare that to Marine Pure which now sells an acrylic container to protect it)

There were nice corals, also really gorgeous clams (mostly T. crocea) on one of the stands. Aperture had some display tanks with large colonies in them that were beautiful and not too expensive.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: