• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
In my opinion they are not worth it: pretty much anything in a reef tank will go after them or their babies, despite what the vendors say. (wrasses eat them, and the babies are a treat for copepods and amphipods if I remember that part correctly)

What works well however is manually putting some thick kalkwasser paste on top of the anemones, while the pumps in your tank are off, and let that sit for an hour. It's time consuming, but it works (and for cheap)

Fishinizer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
If you don't have fish that eat them, they work fabulously. They ate all of the aiptasia in my tank and it has never reappeared. I was able to sell or give away about 40 of them.
Same but now I need them back again bad just a small yellow tang in there I have faith they will be fine. So many micro aptasia I will never get and starting to sting everything .

shinylights

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion they are not worth it: pretty much anything in a reef tank will go after them or their babies, despite what the vendors say. (wrasses eat them, and the babies are a treat for copepods and amphipods if I remember that part correctly)

What works well however is manually putting some thick kalkwasser paste on top of the anemones, while the pumps in your tank are off, and let that sit for an hour. It's time consuming, but it works (and for cheap)
i used to try this and i found that the aptasia would reproduce or spore out or something, I am not sure of the mechanism but what i do know is that a week or two later there would be multiple aptasia growing where the one i killed was, and i used to use a ton of kalk paste, tried the same with aptasia x. I found vinegar works 50% of the time and same with boiling water.

Also in staten and looking for a couple, following thread

Fishinizer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
i used to try this and i found that the aptasia would reproduce or spore out or something, I am not sure of the mechanism but what i do know is that a week or two later there would be multiple aptasia growing where the one i killed was, and i used to use a ton of kalk paste, tried the same with aptasia x. I found vinegar works 50% of the time and same with boiling water.

Also in staten and looking for a couple, following thread
I had so many in my other system they starved before I started this new one if I only knew 😂

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: