• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a 120 AIO IM tank that’s 8 months old. I run it with two media baskets with floss, Chemi-Pure Blue, Marine Pure Biofilter mixed with Matrix 50/50 in both of baskets.
I also run a carbin mix with rowaphos reactor.

I just boat a Tunze macro algae reactor which I’m setting up in a couple of days.

I have two 20gl brut pals under the tank one
For ATO with Kalk and one I use for water changes.

I dose All For Reef 15ML a day right now.

No skimmer.

I’m adding more fish to the tank and have it stocked with corals.

I want to know what is best to put in the media baskets? Should I change what I have in it.

Should I consider a skimmer? I would get the Tunze 9012? Or wait and see how the micro reactor does.

If no skimmer what should I put in the empty overflow section in the back. One of them has the reactor pumps in it.

Corals
Black light torch
Soul reaper torch
Todd’s torch
Rose gold hammer
Purple tip hammer
ORANGE BRANCH OCTO
Rainbow bubble anemone
Neon green bubble tip anemone
PONAPE BIRDSNEST
Walt Disney
Joe the coral
Rainbow Infusion Zoa
Exosphere Zoa
Tequila Sunrise mushroom
Goniopora

Fish
2 Chromes
2 black Clown fish
Clown Tang
Dotty back goby
Watchman goby
7 line wrasse
2 damsels
Sailfin tang
Coral beauty
1 male 1 female SQUAMIPINNIS ANTHIAS
Pistil shrimp
Fire shrimp
Cleaner shrimp
CBS
Cleaning crew
IMG_8333.jpeg
IMG_8335.jpeg
IMG_8334.jpeg
IMG_8341.jpeg

PVsPlayhouse

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Nice setup!!
Get the macro reactor setup that's should get you going in the right direction.
Thank you. Yeah that’s what I was thinking and see if it can handle the bio loud. If I notice any spikes I will get the skimmer. I made it easy to change the water takes 20 minutes to empty and fill back up 18gl. So I’m trying to do that at least once a month sometimes twice if I see to much algae growing on the rocks.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
More coral and a skimmer would be what I would recommend. You can run activated carbon if you what to make it look more clear, but not necessary. If you have filter socks, then a skimmer isn't necessary. Just make sure you are running your nitrates at 10-20ppm and phosphates at 0.1-0.2ppm and your alk in the 7-9 range and keep all the parameters stable. If you do that, you don't need to add anything else.

Here is my AIO tank that is running a skimmer, carbon and AFR. I do 15% water changes about once every 4-6 weeks.
IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2274.jpeg
    IMG_2274.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: